City Hall to observe Christmas, New Year’s holidays; Waste collection schedule changes
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 email@example.com
Sarasota, FL: City administration offices will be closed Monday, Dec. 24, and Tuesday, Dec. 25, in observance of Christmas and Tuesday, Jan. 1, for New Year’s Day.
Waste collection schedules will be affected by the holidays. There will be no garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup on Christmas Day (Tuesday, Dec. 25) or New Year’s Day (Tuesday, Jan. 1), and both collections will be made the following day. All other scheduled pickups, including on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, will be unaffected.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. It will have limited hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., on New Year’s Eve.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., is open 365 days a year. The City-owned course will host the 11th Annual “Reindeer Games” on Christmas Day with an 8:45 a.m. shotgun start on the British Course. The American and Gillespie Executive courses will be open for 18-hole play from 6:30-9 a.m. and nine-hole play from 6:30-11 a.m. Christmas Day. The Golf Shop will be open the following holiday hours: 6:30-11 a.m. Christmas Day; 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open for regular hours on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve (10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.) and closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day and opened limited hours, 7:30 a.m. to noon, on New Year’s Eve.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. It will be open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Christmas Eve and closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For more information on garbage collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by Google as a Digital Capital in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at SarasotaFL.Gov